Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ordinary and Amazing Weekend

 

Where did this weekend go?  As I sit here trying to think about it, it is as if it was all a blur.  I know I am not the only one that has weekends or days like this.
The weekend wasn't too out of the ordinary.  On Saturday Zach and I cleaned house some.  I took a break to take Joshua to the swimming pool.  The last time he went swimming was about 6-7 months ago and he did great.  Well, this time around was anything but.  He was so scared and kept screaming.  His high pitched scream was not nice on the ears...I think they are still ringing.  Poor guy, took forever to get him into the water and by that time I was ready to go but he didn't want to leave.  I gave in and played with him in the water for a little bit but I started to get cold so I called it quits.  I took him trying to prepare him for his birthday party which is in a few weeks.  I plan on doing a pool party at the local YMCA for him.

We got home so I could finish organizing all the children's clothes and putting them away.  Oh, what fun...zzzzzzzz...sorry all that excitement was making me tired.  Let's just say the children's closets look amazing, now if they can only stay that way.  After the closet overhaul I decided to try and feed Josiah.  Since Josiah is breastfed he hasn't wanted to take solid foods from me so either Zach or other friends have had success at feeding him.  At last he decided to take solid food from me!  Woohoo.  This boy scarfed down two little tubs of stage 2 baby food, one of sweet potatoes and one of bananas.  This boy loves his bananas.  He is doing great at taking solid food since he started on the day of the Super Bowl, can't remember what day that was.  Now he is eating solids on a daily basis instead of every few days.  My baby is growing up:(

Sunday; today, we went to church as usual.  This Sunday Zach was singing and he was wonderful as always.  Later we went out to the lake with some others from Zach's unit to just get together.  The kids had fun playing while the rest of us threw a football and kicked a soccer ball around.  While we took a break to eat some food the wind started blowing like crazy and it got cold very quickly.  We had to call it quits and head out.  I don't know what it is with the wind in Oklahoma but it can chill you to the bone and is not nice on when you are trying to go somewhere and you want your hair looking nice.  I do appreciate the wind more so in the summer to help cut through some of the heat.  Anyways, made our weekly trip to the grocery store and home for dinner, putting kids to bed, the usual.  Through all of that, I noticed something new on Josiah tonight.  His second bottom tooth broke through his gums.  Josiah is making so much progress, especially in crawling.  You put that boy down on the floor and he is gone.  I have to keep the floor clear of anything that is small enough for him to swallow.  The vacuum cleaner is now a permanent fixture in the living room.  This little one is keeping me on my toys.  I know this will only last as long as it will take him to start walking which I think won't be too long.  I am hoping he will wait till he is 15 months old as he is almost 9 months old now; well he will be 9 months old in about 2 weeks.  One can hope!

See that photo of my little cutie Josiah up-top?  It is true, he is 100% cute and so is Joshua and Hannah.  What an ordinary and amazing weekend full of the everyday things and the milestones my children are reaching.  God has blessed me with three wonderful children who are ever changing and I love seeing those changes in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment